Affordable Outer Banks Condo Rentals
Outer Banks Condo Vacation Rentals Offer Great Value!
THE COST PER FAMILY OR COUPLE FOR AN OUTER BANKS BEACH WEEK OR SOUNDFRONT VACATION IS VERY REASONABLE.
Condos will provide you the full kitchens, eating areas, and dedicated living areas that hotel rooms don’t! You can prepare homemade meals without having to eat every meal out, or go to an overpriced hotel restaurant/café. And, relax to movie or game nights as if you were in your own home!
LOOKING FOR WAYS TO STRETCH YOUR BUDGET $$$$? CONSIDER:
- Try Semi-Oceanfront or Oceanside instead of Oceanfront. Confused? Let us explain Oceanfront is on the east side of the road (S Virginia Dare Trail), no road between beach and condo, and with directly eastward view orientation. Oceanside = side views of an oceanfront condo, and has a slightly inferior view (depending on the condo), but typically at a lower price than Oceanfront. Semi-oceanfront is the most economical alternative, but is just across the street to the beach (west side of S Virginia Dare Trail) so just a short walk to the beach. Soundfront also offers beach access, within a short walk or drive, but with waterfront amenities and sunset views and are most economical vs. Oceanfront.
- Check out Hatteras Island condos. Rodanthe is on the northern end of Hatteras Island at Milepost 44, meaning it is about 35 miles south of Kill Devil Hills (from our office). Prices for comparable condos on Hatteras Island. While there are fewer restaurants, shops, etc., Nags Head is just a 30-minute drive, and you can easily take advantage of all soundfront activities and the beach activities.
- Come for a whole week. Partial week prices tend to have higher daily rate than the week. Book for the full week and save, and if you must leave early, it would be the same or less than a 5-6 nighter. Plus it gives you the flexibility to either come down and not have to wait until 4pm to check in, or have to leave at 10am and instead enjoy one more full beach day before leaving!
- Consider the “shoulder season.” Rates are highest from July - early August. Weather and water temperatures are still very pleasant before and after, and the crowds are much less. For average OBX weather, see our weather page.
REMEMBER, UNLIKE AN OUTER BANKS HOTEL, INN, OR B&B, MOST CONDO RENTALS WE MANAGE HAVE:
- Washer/ dryer in unit except John Yancey Penthouse which has coin-operated machines onsite
- Pool (either indoor or outdoor or both) - Scrimshaw does not offer a pool.
- Full kitchens with all basic appliances and blenders, coffee makers, toasters, etc.
- WiFi and cable TV in every condo
- Balcony terraces
- BBQ grilling facilities
- Linens included (beds made)
- Pet-Friendly condos available; avoid having to board your dog!
READY TO PLAN YOUR AFFORDABLE OUTER BANKS VACATION?